What is the only job that tolerates a 50% margin of error? A meteorologist! In Kansas City, the weather folks are well known for blowing the weather completely out of proportion. This time, however, it seems that they were right on target. Rain turned to snow, with an accumulation of 3-4 inches and high winds expected. But...Along with all of the many annoyances of snow comes much beauty!
The back yard was beautiful this morning...
.

.
My favorite pine tree...
My favorite pine tree...
.

.
Winter splendor...
.



I'm done!
ReplyDeleteJust done...
No more snow...I begging...
(Flowers are pretty though and my lemon tree is blooming)
Hang in there, Jenn...the end of winter is in sight! We're on the downhill side of February, now...
ReplyDeleteOh, what a beautiful view, Donna.
ReplyDeleteIs it normal in Kansas, that winter suddenly strikes in the middel of February? :)
I love snow - everything is silent og white.
Your pictures are beautiful. And I didn't have to get out in it yesterday, so it was nice to look at from indoors.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cindy. It was a great day to stay inside...but by mid afternoon, it was actually quite beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMette: winter in Kansas is a complete enigma. It is often said that if you don't like the weather, just stick around for 15 minutes. Actually, this is fairly typical February weather...and I'm sure that we will have a few more snow 'events.' There is usually a snowy/icy surprise or two into late March or early April, but it just doesn't stick around for very long then...
:) I wish I was in Kansas, I'm a 'winter-person'.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like the weather has changed here in Scandinavia.
The snow is missing and we have summery weather. I have seen
flowers in gardens this winther, it's strange.