Friday, August 1, 2008

oh, my gosh!

Our days are filled
The nights are packed
At day's end we put our feet up
Because we feel quite sacked
.
Its now August first
And the heat of the summer
So humid and steaming
Its really a bummer
.
Calendar pages are turning
Its hard to keep up
With life all around us
And all of the fuss
.
So into another
Day we will charge
And get on with it all
And living life LARGE!
.
~ TGIF ~

7 comments:

  1. Tell me about it!!!

    I'll go back to work Monday. Didn't summer start just last week?

    There's been a lot of June's business to take care of and the frantic cleaning & purging here...I have managed to spend a few mornings in my jammies.

    Down time that was seriously needed!

    Oh yeah, there was the shopping, too. :)

    Have not managed the massage & pedicure I promised myself but have a manicure scheduled for Monday evening.

    Does that count as living large?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really...I think living large is overrated.
    I'm settling for living small and quiet...or as close to that as a big, loud mouth gal can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...and your poetry is super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walked for an hour this morning with the hubby! Great poem by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hear, hear, small and quiet (relatively speaking) is good. I was in situations more than once this week with patients and families where we were talking about and wishing to return to "simpler times", relatively speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree w/ you all... large is a relative term. Mostly I guess I meant 'large' as happy... but happy didn't rhyme with charge. There are so many UN-happy people in this world... the complainers and whiners and finger pointers... (I'm speaking to the CHRONIC versions of complaining and whining and fingerpointing here...) People who are HAPPY don't really do any of these things in a chronic fashion. People who are UN-happy are chronic offenders and try to lay it all on the rest of us. I CHOOOSE (yes, it IS a CHOICE...) to be LARGE, happy, and phat. Thus ends my diatribe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this poem. Thanks Donna.

    ReplyDelete