This is a post that I’ve wanted to make for awhile, but haven’t had the time to properly ‘research.’ Last week, the New York Times reported that next spring, Double Dutch will become the newest of 35 varsity sports played in New York City schools. (Retrieved from: www.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/education/31double.html?ref=education) What an ART!
Double Dutch is an urban street staple that dates back centuries. I wanted to post a clip of the Double Dutch Divas but am experiencing a bit of resistance from YouTube this evening. Click here to check out the clip I was trying to post... filmed in Central Park about a year ago. Of note… the Divas are a group of ladies ages 35-57 that defy the demons of time by jumping double dutch. Lady Di is AMAZING! Even the gals spinning the ropes get a good workout.
Next GNO, anybody want to give it a try? : )
Photo: Nicole Bengiveno/The New York Times
Thursday, August 7, 2008
double dutch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my gosh...I'd break my neck...
ReplyDeleteUsed to do this as a kid. It would be quite a work out now, but probably still a lot of fun. We need some long jumpropes.
ReplyDelete