Sunday, August 17, 2008

my bike guy

My bike guy is one of a kind. I first met Mark Pace in about May of 2000. At that time, I did not own a bike of my own... and having just lost a seat in a boat training for masters nationals due to a nasty sprained ankle (see 8/1/07 post), I scrambled for another rehab outlet and rode my first MS150 three months later.

Having come with high recommendations from my friends Paul and Marilee, Mark built a bike to accommodate my functional limitations at the time... a bike which I still love to ride. Over the years, he's tuned up my bikes and fixed many a this or that for me, as well as become a friend.

The Examiner is a local rag on Mark's side of town that ran a story yesterday about him and his family. Check it out if you have a few minutes and be sure to take a peek at the accompanying photos. He's truly a genious... and can fix or build anything on two wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment