One evening a couple of weeks ago, I was sitting around with some good friends and we started talking about the concept of 101 things in 1001 days. Since then, I've been thinking of things for my list... but am only up to 15.
Now... its not that it is difficult to come up with 101 things that I would like to do in 1001 days... but it is VERY difficult to come up with 101 things that are realistically doable given time and financial constraints. I.e., I'm a working stiff, and I'm trying to keep items that require travel to a minimum on this list.
So... I'm going out on a limb here. I'm open to suggestion... and just maybe there is something on your list that might be on mine, too! We don't have start/ end dates selected yet... and I imagine it will take me a while to complete my list... but here's what I've got so far... in no particular order.
- grow an herb garden
- grow tomatoes
- see Van Morrison in concert
- see Wicked
- attend a powwow
- write a positive note to someone's manager
- go Christmas caroling
- renew my BLS
- make poppy kuchen (a family favorite!)
- take a yoga class
- complete another half marathon
- ride another metric century
- memorize a poem
- memorize a piece of piano music
- read 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting by Ernie Zelinski

Suggestions:
ReplyDeleteCall an old friend to chat
Visit local landmarks you've always meant to visit like the Brown v. Board Museum
Try a new haircut/haircolor
Get a manicure/pedicure/massage
Make a Maybasket & leave it on a neighbor's door (using crayons, construction paper & white glue!)
Clean/organize something
Important paperwork--wills, medical directives, etc.
Donate to certain charities
Vote!
Vote! again...hey, this is a long project!
Go to a garage sale
Spend one day/two days/one week/ without radio or tv or computer
Try a new wine
Try a new beer
Host a wine tasting party
Host a beer tasting party
Buy a piece of art
Frame something you already have
Go to the library and check out a book or video--try something completely different
See an art film
Attend a festival (Irish, Scottish, etc.)
Reread a favorite book
Host a Superbowl, Final 4 or World Series party
Host a stargazing party
Attend your high school reunion (consider having a bullshit story ready for that special someone you remember fondly)
Send 5 greeting cards
Make a prank phone call
Leave a prank message (Mr. Bayer or Mr. Lyon called & leave the number to the zoo)
Try a new position (you know what I mean--wink, wink!)
Try a new restaurant
Learn a useful phrase in a foreign language
Listen to a book on tape
Celebrate a NO GIFT Christmas (donations in someone's name are allowed)
HEY! Look Mom! I'm making my list!
Kathy... you've created a monster. I'll post an update later this weekend. I'm up to 30 now...
ReplyDelete