Tuesday, August 5, 2008

forms

ok... so I'm working on one of my new years resolutions this month. Actually, it was a resolution in 2007, too... but this year, I mean really business.

I'm in the process of rolling over retirement funds from a couple of accounts with a carrier (Co.#1) that I'm not so pleased with to the company to which I've been making mandatory contributions to through work for the last 12 years (Co.#2).

Talk about overwhelming. Just how many times times must one sign one's name in the process? I lost count. In the long run, I know that I will be much happier. Co.#1 did great until I signed on... but that's just where the customer service stopped and the disorganization began. Co.#2 has a long history in the biz and I've not actually met a single person with a bad experience them.

It's just the process that is bringing me down. Hopefully, by year's end... the rollovers will be complete, the accounts with Co.#1 closed, and my life simplified while I live happily ever after with Co.#2. Next up... formalizing my advanced directives and creating a basic will.

Interestingly, while I am in the process of all of this, a friend asked me today if I would take care of planning her service when her time comes... not that she's planning on leaving us anytime soon, but we all know - too well - that WE are absolutely NOT in control of anything at all. Must be something in the air...

1 comment:

  1. Just keep signing...soon it will all be done...and then we can move on to the next annoying thing that has to be accomplished :-)
    It's off to Texas tomorrow for me. Today is shopping and packing.
    I LOVE vacation.

    ReplyDelete