The day started a bit later than usual. As my head did not hit the pillow until near midnight last night...I was feeling a bit bleary-eyed this morning. Midnight is waaaaaaay past my bed time. Well worth it though, as some friends had an extra ticket to Sinatra night at the Symphony. Ed is away for the weekend...ergo I tagged along with them for my weekend cultural fix. The singer was a guy named Steve Lippia from Las Vegas and call me crazy...but he really did sound a lot like Old Blue Eyes.
.
Today...windy, windy, windy. When I was a kid, the thought was always that if March came in like a lion, it would go out like a lamb...and vice versa. Well... today, I'd certainly have to give the lion my vote! It was a lovely 60 degree day, and a taste of what lies ahead...AFTER the next round of rain, sleet, and snow that is supposed to move in tomorrow night, that is..
Next up...a monthly treat with June and Beth to slough off the winter armor of dry skin. A local community college offers very reasonable prices on esthetic services, so it always makes for a nice little outing which we usually pair with lunch. Today, we enjoyed Thai food...yum!.
Ed's nephews were in town to spend the night with Grandmom and Grandbob ...so I made a quick run over there to enjoy an evening of pizza and giggles with them. Alex is a whiz at math, and was able to rattle off area and perimeter figures with ease, when quizzed. Matt is learning 'plus-es and take-aways' so, of course I quizzed him as well. Josh...well...let's just say that I cut my losses and walked after three games of Don't Break the Ice, as I didn't win a single game!
How's Vi?
ReplyDeletestill sideways. i'm thinking that she will send her new growth up appropriately, and that the big leaves that are the wrong way will eventually need to come off. haven't done anything to her yet, though. thanks for your help in repotting, jenn.
ReplyDeletein the meanwhile, i bought two teensy little violets for 2.50 each at the grocery storry. they have a very different leaf structure (much shorter stems).
you know who i was thinking we could have called about this...paul. have you heard from him lately?