
Were he yet alive, Mr. Rogers would be 80 years young today! Mr. Rogers was an American childhood icon... right up there with Captain Kangaroo! Hearken back to the middle 1960's and imagine most of North America's younger set taking a daily trip with Mr. Rogers to the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.
The real-life Mr. Rogers was truly a renaissance man... and he never stopped thinking about others. When at a speaking engagement, it was common for him to ask for a minute of silence and instruct the audience to use the time to remember those who helped them become who they were.
.
.
Today, people everywhere are urged to pull on a cardigan sweater on what would have been Mr. Rogers' 80th birthday. I'm wearing mine...are you wearing yours?

I totally thought about Mr. Rogers the other day! I came home from a little shopping, changed my shoes and my nice cream colored jacket so I could take the doggies for a walk. I said aloud to myself, "I am Mr. Rogers!"
ReplyDeleteSMILE!