Sunday, April 6, 2008

quote of the day


Well, actually...
the quote of yesterday...
.

"Revenge is best when served cold and in prime time."
.
Tom Shatel, Sports Writer
The Omaha World Herald
.
Now...let me be the first to plead with countless Kansas basketball fans re the Roy Williams Saga... Pleeeeeease, get over it people!!! I don't fault the man for leaving KU, he gave us 15 wonderful years, for goodness sake! I DO have a problem with the way he left...but not enough to hold the grudge that much of the rest of the state is holding. I think that Bill Self has been remarkably articulate and eloquent in handling the drama of the week.

In Omaha for the weekend, its been interesting to hear the take of the local media about my beloved KU Jayhawks. This is truly the land of the Nebraska Cornhuskers...a place where nobody really gives a toot about KU Basketball. I'm with Tom Shatel, though...I'm tired of the whining and bellyaching. Can't we all just get over it and move on? Maybe, just maybe... after a showing like the one last night, we can.

I'll be on the edge of my seat Monday night. Its been fun to re-live the excitement of twenty years go (yes... 20 years ago) through the eyes of Chris and Mike. Twenty years ago, I was a fresh-faced, full of hope, young Jayhawk college student caught up in the revelry that is KU basketball. Now, they are. What memories it brings back! Rest well, James and Phog...and please keep an eye on us Monday night...

.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go K-U!

3 comments:

  1. I personally had a little satisfaction seeing those sad eyes of Roy, okay a lot of satisfaction. Great game for the boys but I am a little nervous about Monday, Memphis looked good yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I agree, time to move on, but it was pretty sweet (: You know, it reminded me of the semi-final win in 1988 against Duke - they were one of the biggest rivals back then and beating them that Saturday night was almost a bigger celebration than when they beat OK two nights later. I was in Westport with a bunch of fans watching that game and it was sooooooo much fun and excitement.

    I had just started my first semester undergrad in January of 1988. They cancelled class the day after the game and Memorial Stadium was packed to welcome the team home. I still have the Journal World article that was written April 7 under glass on my desk - it's a little yellowed now, but love the message, the memories of such a glorious time!

    Can't wait till tomorrow night. Gotta be proud no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy...Memphis DOES look good...but I think we've got what it takes!!!

    That's the key, Cindy... NO MATTER WHAT, we've got to be proud. What a year it's been!!! Rock on!!!

    ReplyDelete