Monday, April 7, 2008

check this out...

An omen? Let's hope its a good one!!! Ed and I went to Omaha for the weekend...him for drill, and me to catch up with Abbie (childhood friend since age four!) and my parents.
.
Saturday, I met Abbie for lunch in Omaha's Old Market area and then spent the afternoon with her poking around in the little Market shops. There was absolutely nothing there that I needed, so I left with nothing...but it sure was fun looking.
.
Sunday was spent with Mom and Dad. I picked Ed up from the hospital at lunch time and we met them for a quick bite. Ed headed back for work, and I spent the afternoon with Mom and Dad going through boxes (and boxes and boxes and boxes...) of stuff that Mom had saved from when I was a kid.
.
The omen you ask? Amongst the 'stuff' was a box or two from college...and in one of them, the poster below from 1988!
Its been a great year. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best...but whatever the outcome, I'll be proud of the team. I've lived through many hard years of NIT berths prior to the years of 'dancing' that we enjoy now. My blood runs crimson, and my heart is true blue...I'm a KU Jayhawk through and through!!! T minus six hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment