Monday, September 22, 2008

what's for dinner tonight?

Grilled Swiss Cheese
and
Tomato Basil Soup
.
(total comfort food!)
.

3 Tbsp olive oil
12 oz evaporated skim milk
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp dried basil (heaping)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper (heaping)
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 6-oz can tomato paste
2 cups tomato juice

  • Heat oil; shake well the evaporated milk, flour and spices.
  • Add flour mixture to heated oil and stir over low heat until thickened (6 – 7 minutes).
  • Add remaining ingredients; cook until heated through.
  • Fresh basil is a great addition, if it is available!

1 comment:

  1. I shop at a Dillon's store and find their Kroger brand petit diced tomatoes are the best over the crushed. I guess it is a more consistent texture. I am Jenn's Mean Uncle Denny aka MUD. Sometime I want to da a KATY trail ride even if it is to drive the truck and cook over the campfire.
    MUD

    ReplyDelete