Today's post is about simple pleasures. What are the simple things in your life that make you take pause for enjoyment?
A month or so back, Jenn and I had a conversation about oatmeal. Yes, oatmeal. I have been making packet oatmeal for breakfast during the week for years. So she says... "Why not just make the recipe on the oatmeal box in a bowl in the microwave?"
So I started doing that. And then I came up with my 'secret oatmeal spice'... equal measures of nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves... and started adding a few walnuts. Yum.
Then, last week... she gives me a bunch of apples from her mom's tree... from which I make some wonderful applesauce. So I says to myself... "Why not mix a little of this applesauce in with the oatmeal?" Double yum.
Sooo... my simple pleasure this week has been my morning oatmeal with homemade applesauce. What are the simple pleasures in your world?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
simple pleasures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment