Wednesday, October 8, 2008

thing #80

While knocking around in the Old Market this past Saturday, I had the opportunity to stop into Homer's... a new/used cd store. Shopping at Homer's is a far cry from a stop by Barnes & Noble or Best Buy... there is a lot of local flavor going on... if you know what I mean.
.
re thing #80: acquire a Joni Mitchell cd... I says to myself as I walk past the store front... I should stop in to see if Homer has any Joni Mitchell cds... He did. So... I made my purchase having a nice conversation with the very tall, very thin, very long-haired, very friendly very young man at the register.
.
It was only when I returned to the base and was reviewing my receipt a few hours later that I realized that I left Homer's with ALL of the register paperwork. Essentially, I'd walked out without paying. Dinner with a few of the folks from Ed's unit took us back to the Old Market... to a quaint (and delicious) little Italian place called Vivace... just two doors down from Homer's. I went back in, and squared up.
.
They were quite happy - and it seemed a bit surprised - that I would return to correct such an error... and gave me four sampler cds for my trouble. I'm a little bit wary of what this *new* music may sound like, but I suppose I'll give it a whirl sooner or later.
.
In the meanwhile, I've been listening to a lot of Joni Mitchell during my commute this week. I don't know too much about her, but I do know that her music has influenced much of the jazz and rock we hear today. Great stuff...

1 comment:

  1. Everyone listens to different stuff. A month or so back I bought a Judy Coder yodeling CD. I love her cowboy music but I just got tired of yodeling after about two songs. I guess I need to hear it a little at a time. I think I wil give it to my father-in-law for his birthday. MUD

    ReplyDelete