So what gives here? For nearly a year and a half, I've tended carefully to a lovely gerbera daisy that a friend of ours brought Ed when he returned from his tour of duty in May of last year.
I brought her inside when it got cold last year and watered her throughout the winter. She stayed healthy and enjoyed a spot on the rail of our back deck for the past two summers.
Earlier this week, I noticed a few leaves broken at dirt level. This morning... every last one is gone... GONE. As if it looked like a tasty pot of something very yummy just waiting for a squirrel party to happen along.
Nature 1 - Donna 0. Guess I'll just try again next spring...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
just a guess...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just love the picture!
ReplyDeleteSquirrels...they're so cute and fun to watch. I have to say I do miss them since we've moved.
Zoe does, too!