Saturday, October 18, 2008

dog tired

What a whirlwind week it has been! I left the office Wednesday afternoon at about two and headed toward the Intercontinental Hotel where I have spent 12-14 hours each day since.
.
The Schools of Nursing from KU and MU hosted the 35th Annual National Conference of the Professional Nursing Educators Group (PNEG). Ergo, 400 professional nursing educators from throughout the U.S. and a few from Canada have spent the past days in breakout sessions, attending keynote presentations, and participating in round table discussions addressing all things nursing education. As you might imagine, the details in executing something like this are countless... I'm just glad that it wasn't my party to plan!
.
If you happen to have a bit of time to surf... check out www.starthrower.com. A good friend and colleague of mine was one of the keynote presenters today and used a clip from Celebrate What's Right with the World (DeWitt Jones) in her presentation. GREAT, GREAT stuff!!! The concept behind Star Thrower materials is development of thinking rather than reacting behaviors... ultimately making a fundamental difference in the behavior of an organization.
.
As dog tired as I am, I actually spent a bit of time poking around on the site this evening... Click here for a brief and wonderful story about the Star Thrower... about finding what it is in each of our lives that makes a difference...

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture it shows exactly how I feel right now.

    ReplyDelete