re thing #67: pay a toll or entry fee for someone in a line behind me
.
ok… so this was fun… although I modified it a bit from the *original* thing #67. At 0:dark:thirty this morning, I dropped Ed off at the hospital and then stopped to get a newspaper on the way back to the base.
.
Picture a 50-ish Joe Regular in front of me in the convenience store line… with a newspaper, a donut, and a cup of coffee. I look past him to the gal at the register and ask her to put his items on my tab. Bewildered, he looks back and forth from me to her to me to her and walks out of the store… I say, “Don’t worry…I’ve got it!” and the guy leaves. The gal behind the counter is smiling broadly and says “He’s standing out in the parking lot still trying to figure out what just happened." Too funny!
.
On a side note… the drive last night was such a treat as we don’t get away from the lights of the city very often. The sky was clear, and there were millions of stars twinkling at us. ‘Tis also the season for the harvest, as we saw many farmers working into the night to bring in the crops. Life is good...
Saturday, October 4, 2008
thing #67
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Makes you wonder what his story will will sound like.
ReplyDeleteThere was this woman behind me in line...
Is this a new twist on "Pay it Forward?" Sounds like fun but I am waiting for the lady with four kids and using her State Food Credit Card to buy cereal and is just short of having enough. Have fun, laugh and make people smile, there is enough hate in this world.
ReplyDeleteMUD
Did the same thing with an onery old guy the other day I bought him a soda and he just could not believe it. Made my day and hopefully his too.
ReplyDelete