Sunday, May 18, 2008

stop the madness

Alright... so I've been blissfully quiet this past week. The image to the left is a clue to my life these past six to eight weeks. I've turned out lots of time sensitive projects at work, and just concentrated on making it from day to day without leaving anything unattended. It's been the proverbial plate juggling act... or knives, swords, fire... take your pick!
.
This past Monday morning, I was at a point of breathing a guarded sigh of relief, when I realized there were yet two more projects to turn out which had settled to the bottom of the pile in the scheme of prioritization. The kicker... I've only got two days to get everything done this week!
.
This week I'm heading off on a much needed vacation, but one that I haven't had the luxury of time to think about and plan for. Ed is on a very short temporary assignment in Alaska... so I'm off to meet him there in a few days, and will spend a week in 'God's Country.' Both of us have been there before... but not together, so this trip promises be a lot of fun. Temperatures will be in the 40s and 50s (Fahrenheit), and there should be about 20 hours of light each day. Hopefully, I'll come back with some great photos to post.
.
On a side note... Last evening, Jenn and I had the good fortune of spending two hours in a car together (an hour each way), as we made a quick road trip to visit some good friends of ours who live north of Topeka. There was, of course, no shortage of things about which to talk … and our conversation always seems to take a quirky twist...
.
In the sport of triathlon, there is a division for contestants that are… ahhhh… shall I say, a bit on the larger side. It is called the “Athena” division. Wait-a-minute! What am I saying!!??!!... I am an Athena… and most of my friends are Athenas! Truth be told, the Athena division is for ladies who weigh more than 150 pounds. Given that most of my friends are 5’10” and taller… we’re pretty much all Athenas… but I digress. The bottom line… Jenn and I decided that if an ‘Athena’ were a ballerina… she’d be an ‘ATHENARINA’ and would probably look something like the gorgeous lady above! : )
.
Have a great day, everyone…

No comments:

Post a Comment