ok...so this one sort of tickled my funny bone this morning. In the morning paper, I ran across a somewhat amusing story about (ahem) ladies undergarments.
.
The 'My Chopsticks Bra' is the latest outrageous creation from Triumph International Japan, a lingerie company. The method to the madness is to is to draw attention to conservaton issues...specifically the problem that an estimated 90,000 tons of wood are wasted each year when disposable chopsticks are discarded. Notice the spare pair of chops near the models left arm...tucked away for a friend, I suppose? The article in the newspaper mentioned that the chopsticks could also be placed in such a way that would...uh...shall I say...enhance a lady's figure! Click here for a You Tube blurb if you're interested in more...
.
On a more serious note, something I read over my cuppa on Tuesday is still on my head..and really emphasizes the importance of the work that my friend Jenn does in her coaching of young girls. The article eluded to research that indicates that where a teenage girl percieves herself on her school's social ladder may sway her future weight. The study involved more than 4,000 girls and found that those who believed they were unpopular gained more weight over a two-year period than girls who viewed themselves as more popular. Researchers said the study showed how a girl's self-perception of her social status has broader health consequences. Click here to read the whole story.
.
We owe it to all of our kids...to make them feel loved and valued. If you've got an opportunity to make a difference... what an awesome responsibility and privilege!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
what will they think of next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i had to read it twice to figure oiut if the bra was made of chopsticks or just a place to store your chopsticks...
ReplyDeleteThere is a mentoring program called YouthFriends. I am a YouthFriend to two different girls in my district. I have lunch with each girl one day a week. The time commitment is minimal and they really like eating with me. Who knew! I'm not really that exciting! It just goes to show you that a small gesture can mean so much.
ReplyDeletecan you blame them? I'D like to have lunch with you, too, kathy! : ) seriously...little things really DO make a big difference. thanks for doing what you do...
ReplyDelete