Saturday, January 19, 2008

the old farm

This was too good not to share! Dad sent the photo below earlier this week. Don't you just love the sibling banter in the email exchange below it?! Some things never change...

>>> Dad 1/16/2008 10:56 PM >>>
This is the old Glandt farm place located in Stanton County, 4 miles north of Leigh, Nebraska. L, N and D were born here ...sorry B!
.
>>> Auntie N 1/17/2008 1:30 PM >>>
I have a similar picture taken from the corral. A copy was probably made for all us siblings. What do you think the date is on this one? The 1933 tornado wiped out the corn crib, a couple buildings just north of the crib, and possibly the barn to the south of it. But look at the pickup parked in front of the house...what year is that thing? I have a copy of the picture you took, D, in 1976. Taken from a low wing airplane. Lots of trees. But I am like L...I don't remember those trees north of the house. They look kinda straggly. Is this an aerial picture? Who is the guy walking across the corral? Did you notice the white faced cattle over there by the barn? D, I love your comment about 'who' was born at the Leigh house .......Signed, Favorite Sister

Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment