Sunday, July 13, 2008

until next year

What a great weekend. I have been blessed with the opportunity in each of the past nine years to make an annual pilgimmage to a little Corner of Paradise in Arkansas with a remarkable group of strong and inspirational women. Each year the friendships grow stronger, and the memories more notable. There is no shortage of storytelling, laughter, singing, sunning, or snacking. Check out Jenn, below, over Sunday morning coffee...
.

This little Paradise is truly at the end of the road... drive any further, and it gets just a bit wet! With the heavy rains of this spring and summer, the end of the road was closer than ever... with water very near the edge of the freshly mown lawn. It made the logistics of floating VERY interesting this year!
.

.
A parting shot... the photo below is the road leading back to reality. To cell phones and computers and televisions, to the stress of work and the bustle of the city...
.

Until next year...

5 comments:

  1. You forgot to note that I was having coffee in my Sunday "outfit".

    It was a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a lovely OUTFIT it is!!! : ) 'great' doesn't begin to cover the weekend... thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you two had a nice time. Quality R & R--can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics I miss it already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics I miss it already!

    ReplyDelete