What a difference a year makes... lots of change, but lots of similarities...
I don't know about you, but this is a much needed long holiday weekend for me. Happy Birthday, U.S.A.!!!
A year ago today, we started out the day with a twenty mile bike ride with good friends - Jenn, and John & Lisa with their wee-one in his Burley chariot. The little guy fought the whole time about wearing a helmet, but mom and dad persisted.
John and Lisa peeled off early, and Ed and Jenn and I continued on... and then met June and Jim (in from Texas... yeehaw!) for lunch at O'Dowds. After our sweaty bike ride, that Guinness was a tasty treat! Those of you close to this story know that there are parts of it that are very different this year.
Yet much is the same... I'll soon be off for a bike ride with Jenn and another wee one (her awesome nephew!)...and we'll most likely follow it up with a cold beverage, feet out-stretched. I'm hoping there will be a nap at some point in the day, and we'll end it all by taking in a fireworks display with John and Lisa et al, as we have for the last several years.
It seems as though this has all become tradition. There's sooooo much comfort in tradition. Happy Fourth to you... be safe and remember, it's all about the love.
Friday, July 4, 2008
bicycles and fireworks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Was that only one year ago???? It seems that so much more time has past than that. I guess that's a good sign, I'm busy.
ReplyDeleteEverything happens for a reason which, if I'm patient, I learn later. There was a reason June made sure we met that day. After all, we had all known her before then and had not yet met (other than Jenn and I in Texas).
Hmmm.....
I can't tell you how many times I felt very greatfull that we had met, that June had set that meeting up for all of us.
She's a wonder :-)