Super June!!!
OK… so June undergoes seven hours of brain surgery… and she looks better than I do after 30 minutes on the erg…
What gives?
She continues to amaze us. With courage and grace, June came through what was probably the most difficult day of her life…and she continues to teach us. She looked absolutely RADIANT after her surgery as she lay in recovery surrounded by folks who love her. The prognosis is challenging…but we’re all on this journey together…with her…and with each other.
A friend of mine once gave me a mantra about radiant light; the mantra has given me personal strength in many situations throughout the last several years. June, too, has given us all a mantra: “It really is all about the love.” Spoken innocently by June a while back…and completely off-the-cuff, we had no way of knowing the lasting impact and significance this simple statement would carry. May we all carry this mantra with us in our interactions with the people around us in our every day lives.
Love like there is no tomorrow…practice random acts of kindness…be a catalyst for positive change…tell someone how important they are to you...learn something new today. Stop to smell a flower or admire a sunset. If it rains...dance in it! Little things do make a big difference…really. But, above all...it really is all about the love.
Friday, December 7, 2007
it's a bird...it's a plane...it's...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

She'll love this post, I love this post. She is super and courageous and gracious and did look radiant and luminescent after the surgery. I've been thinking about that and I'm thinking perhaps that was the glow of God's love that was surrounding her and protecting her that day....... How blessed we all were to see that.
ReplyDeletethat is a wonderful explanation, cindy! when i glow, it's usually from perspiration...but june emanated love. that is exactly what it was!!! june emanated love that night...
ReplyDeleteThank you friends for being there that day and helping us all get through. You know.
ReplyDeleteJune...Patrick...What the fuck!?!? Can I post that online? Guess so.
I might also use this venue to say how much I love Missouri and the CVS pharmacy on 75th and State Line Road...presciption drugs, wine, and chocolate.
Kathy
Prescription drugs, wine, chocolate...what more can a girl need!
ReplyDeleteAnd Kathy, after the week you've had you can say anything you want.