Monday, December 31, 2007

clink!

I LOVE this time of year...always have. It is a time of year to connect with family and friends, review the year past, and look with great hope and expectation toward the future. Tabula rasa, baby.
.
This morning, Ed and I sat at the breakfast table and documented some personal goals for 2008. The biggies on my list: to get my life in order ...in terms of advanced directives, living will, review of accounts, etc.,...and to complete a half marathon (or two?!?)...albeit walking not running. Ed's are a bit loftier...to include a start in the PhD program at UMKC and military advancement.
.
Today is also a very special day for Ed and I. Although we had met in passing a time or two prior through a mutual friend, we actually met and connected in a meaningful way at a celebration on New Year's Eve of 2001. It was a life changing event for me...and I've loved him since that very evening.
.
To each of you reading this...Ed and I wish you a bountiful 2008...filled with great peace and prosperity. Thank you for being a part of our lives...we look forward to spending time with you in the New Year and we wish you many blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! You have such nice things to say about your Honey. :) You two really are a lovely couple.

    And getting important things in order--sounds like a really good idea. I shredded old bills and receipts today. Can I count that as a start?

    Happy New Year everyone! We'll be going to bed early and hosting a New Year's Day brunch for my family--my daddy is having a birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A time for reflection indeed. So you are a walker too? I could get interested in joining you for some of that - running is not for me. A final brisket report is in order - had me wondering all day yesterday (:
    Happiest of New Years to you and Ed - two of my newest and dearest friends. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's walk!!! : )

    and...YES, Kathy...shredding old stuff is a GREAT start...I've got to do some of that, too!!!

    ReplyDelete