Well…I’ve got nothing…the big goose egg. Zip, zero, nada, nil, nix, nothing, scratch, zip, zot. Same old, same old…but believe me, I’m not complaining…I just don’t have any revelations or great thoughts to post…its been a very slim week. Some weeks are like that.
A few random thoughts as we launch into the weekend…
We went to an awesome concert last night at the Lyric… The East Village Opera Company…a rock band out of Greenwich Village that covers opera arias. Great concept…and you just can’t go wrong with the music. If you have a moment to surf the EVOC website at all, be sure to check out a few of the links in the ‘Video’ section. Word has it that they will be at the Lied Center in April…we’ll most likely go see them again.
What inconsequential minutia tripped me up this week, you ask? So…I’m driving to work one morning, headed north on the freeway…and next to me is a pick-up truck with some fancy artwork on the side, and in large letters...the word 'Exterminator'...(i.e., one who ‘gets rid of by destroying’). Soooo…in my head I start parsing the word… EX and TERMINATOR… that is to say...one who formerly ridded by destroying…hmmmm…it seems that exterminator is actually not an appropriate word for the job…shouldn’t he really be helping the little vermin get on with life? [Not in my house!]
Lastly…a big WELCOME to the Bobber who has now joined us in Blog-Land. Woo whooooo! And…a very happy birthday to Danny who is two years old today…and Josh who is five today… and to Michael who turned the big 1-9 yesterday! : )
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
the big goose egg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

For somebody whose got nothing to say, you sure do say a lot! It's all good too! I am admittedly a little worried about the word deconstrution activities though. Carry on! And have a five star weekend!
ReplyDeleteits a little frigtening how my brain works sometimes! ; )
ReplyDeleteAre we training yet?? Marathon next year?
ReplyDelete