Sunday, February 1, 2009

habit

hab⋅itan acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary

Generally speaking, some say that it takes about twenty-one days of doing something in order for it to become a habit. I'm hoping that my daily exercise is becoming just that... a habit!

I do seem to be at the point where I miss it if I am take a day off, or am not able to squeeze it in for some reason. The basement is set up and ready to go with an erg and the contraption discussed in my 1/27 post. I've been alternating days of *rowing* and *riding.*

Incidentally... today was a *riding* day and was the first day that I actually locked into my clips. I was a bit apprehensive... and with good reason. And... the inevitable did actually come to pass. I lost my concentration and took a tumble as I slid right off the edge - bike still attached to my feet. There I lay on the basement floor not knowing whether to laugh or cry... and really glad that thee was no one there to see me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I hope you're not hurt! AND...you mean you have to keep your balance on that thing? You can't...strap on or something?

    I've added a bit of jogging to my morning routine on the treadmill.

    Or yogging. It might be a soft 'j'...I'm not sure.

    Name the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a contusion on my left knee, elbow, and bum. Nothing that hasn't happened before, and won't happen again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete