Ed and I just returned from an awesome weekend of R & R at Big Cedar in southern Missouri. Some friends of ours have a time share there and graciously invite us down for a wonderful getaway every once in awhile...
.
Below, our partners in crime this time around... Our hosts were Paul (back right) and Marilee (second from the right on the bottom).
.
The nights were cool, but the days were beautiful! On Saturday, we headed into Branson and saw the show "Six." It was a very entertaining vocal gig done by six brothers. They actually came from a family of TEN brothers (no sisters). Most of the extended family lived in Las Vegas, and when it got to the point where they had trouble coming up with answers to their children's questions, they decided that it was time to move to a more wholesome place. So about 40 Knudsens pulled up stakes and re-settled in Branson.
.
Lots of food, fun and laughter. When we left our cabins Saturday morning, there were no holiday decorations, but came back that evening to a fully decorated and lighted Christmas tree. We played word games in the evenings... Scattergories and Catch Phrase. Because of this... I now know what an octopus garden is... do you?
Sunday, November 23, 2008
a weekend away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have no idea what an octopus garden is. Please tell!
ReplyDeleteI do know all about Big Cedar since that's where John and I went for our honeymoon and five year anniversary. Absolutely gorgeous!
Did you eat a cookie for me? More pics?
I'm sure the obvious answer is not at all what it really is..................
ReplyDelete