Monday, November 10, 2008

thing #43

re thing #43: renew my BLS certificate... Tonight was the night... and let me just say, I hope that I never have to do CPR on anyone. Of course, that would mean I'd need Ed or Jenn or one of my other medical friends with me at all times... but that really wouldn't be so bad, would it?

The guidelines have changed significantly since last time I took a CPR course - probably seven or eight years ago! From a purely lay standpoint, I now need to remember only 30:2... not different ratios for different age groups... and the pulse-taking is left to the professional responders.

If you haven't taken a class lately, either find one and sign up now... or the American Heart Association has self-study materials available through their website. If you've got a few free minute to peruse, it just might be worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment