Whew...what a week! My 'to-do' list is about a mile long today...its hard to imagine what will get pushed to next week at the moment, but I can't see that there's quite enough of me to get it all done! I take comfort in knowing that will all still be there for me when I return next week...
Just a few random thoughts on Friday...
> I had the wonderful opportunity to sing with a group that performed the Faure Requiem this week. Wow. What a beautiful piece of music...VERY moving.
> You just never know what is in a person's head. Last night at about 9:30, I was standing in the kitchen with Ed and we were just chatting about our day, he showed me a card and a pair of drumsticks he received from his students on their last day of clinical. As I looked at him quizzically, he said that he's going to use them with the drum set he's going to get. To this, I say ROCK ON, DUDE! I had no idea he was thinking about this, but he had mentioned it to his students earlier in the semester, and they rememebered and rewarded him with a nifty pair of Zildjian sticks at the end of the term. I think its pretty neat...but I don't think that Snickie is going to much like it! I'm not sure what the time line is on this, but I'll be sure to post a pix!
> Congrats to Jenn and Mike (if you're reading this)...you both know what for! and...June be sure to wear your helmet if you need to (you know what I'm talking about!).
> It's only the ninth of November, and already Snickie is running to splay herself on the heat vent whenever she hears the furnace kick on. How pathetic is that? Check out little heat seeker, below...isn't she adorable?
.
> I ran across a very cool new website this week... freerice.com ...check it out! FreeRice is a website that provides rice to end world hunger through the corporate sponsorship of lots of big names...in the process of visiting the site, you just might improve your vocabulary! : ) I've made it to level 42 (of 50), so I've still got a LOT of room for improvement! I've also provided the link in the right hand alley of this page in the event that you're looking for a little diversion when you visit The Ronneblog.
> TGIF!!! Have a great weekend y'all! : )
Friday, November 9, 2007
whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment