Sunday, November 11, 2007

westward, ho!

.
First of all, I would like to offer my respect and gratitude to all of the Veterans in my life...Dad, Ed, Chad, Donnie, Bob, Janet, Darrel, Jerry, and countless other men and women to whom I am humbly grateful for your service.

As many of you know, we're in Salt Lake City for a few days... Ed is attending a military medical conference, and I'm playing. It's absolutely beautiful here! SLC seems very clean, easy to navigate, has a low relative humidity, and very friendly people. The photo below gives you the general idea, but is not one that I actually took myself...
.

.
I had the wonderful opportunity this morning to attend a 30-minute radio broadcast by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. WOW! I'll post some pix when I get home and get them downloaded. To a full house, they sang a tribute of patriotic songs in honor of Veterans Day. My favorite piece of the program was actually a bit off the patriotic mark, but was incredibly moving...a version of Highland Cathedral, a traditional Scottish melody...complete with kilted bagpipers and percussionists, with the MTC singing back-up. The MTC has been doing a Sunday morning broadcast every week since 1929...count 'em...that's some 4079 broadcasts!
.
Well...enough for now...I'm headed upstairs to de-soggify, as it has been raining for several hours. More later!

2 comments:

  1. I just enjoy you and your posts. I cant wait till we meet up again. You truely are radiant light. I am just a wanna be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UN-true, bobber... if you THINK it... you ARE!!! : )

    ReplyDelete