Harry WHO? What's all this fuss about Harry Potter?
I admit...I was a holdout on Harry Potter...much like I was on cell phones and online banking. I had no intention of getting caught up in all of it when the first book came out seven years ago...but one day a few years back...I was cat-sitting for a friend of mine (who just happens to be a children's librarian) and I couldn't resist pulling one of the Harry Potter books off of her shelf to take a look for myself. Mind you, four books were out at that time, and I was just then giving young Mr. Potter the time of day.
Well...I was totally swept away by the book...me...a full-fledged adult (?!) sneaking away over lunch and rushing home from work at the end of the day to quickly turn page after page as I read through the first four books in two weeks time. I was then relegated to waiting with millions of other "children" in the world as we eagerly anticipated each annual release...which brings us to TODAY...and the release of the seventh and final installment of the series.
A few weeks back, I decided that I would re-read the six prequel tomes before allowing myself to delve into the seventh. Sooooooo...I think I'll settle in with a frosty glass of ice water and immerse myself in the world of Harry Potter & Company!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
what's all the fuss about harry potter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment