This post could also be aptly titled *full circles* and ties in nicely with the 29 gifts post of yesterday. No coincidences, indeed, Cindy!
Stream of consciousness re last evening:
- me... running late at work
- I called home to ask Ed if he would mind going out to the grocery store in the fridgid 12 degree (F) weather ... it would save me fifteen minutes on the way home
- We needed rice to go with dinner... but I wanted 'cook' rice to steam... not minute rice (and explicitly discussed this...)
- Ed enters grocery store noting the bell ringer outside the store in the fridgid evening and a brief conversation of pleasantry
- I text Ed with an item I forgot to ask him to get... but ask him not to go back out if he has already been to the store
- I arrive home... he's not home - but should have been back from the store before I arrived home
- The booklet outlining measurements and rice cooking times for the steamer is nowhere to be found
- On the way out of the store (the second time) Ed purchases a ten dollar gift card to give to the ringer which he gives to the gentleman on the way out
- Ed walks in and explains that he was on his way home when he checked his phone and received my text - so he turned around to go back to the store
- He assured me that he didn't mind... as he tells me of his story about the ringer and gift card
- I tell him about the 29 gifts article I happened across in the break room
- Out of the grocery bag he pulls the items I requested... oddly enough, he purchased BOTH 'cook' rice AND minute rice
- As our conversation had carried on, and I did not ever find the booklet... our dinner was made with minute rice
Hmmmmm... coincidences? And around the circle we go...

What a great story, I love the idea of the gifts.
ReplyDelete