re thing #94 ... stargaze through a telescope...
.
The moon was absolutely incredible this evening... orange and glowing as it rose in the eastern sky... and nearly full.
Ed and I spent the evening with some very special friends... bonded solidly together by someone who is no longer with us. Each of our lives is forever changed... and the memories live vividly on. On this unseasonably crisp September evening, we sipped martinis beneath a starfilled Kansas sky, enjoyed the warmth and friendly crackle emanating from the chimanea, and gazed at the incredible lunar display through a telescope.
.
My thoughts carried me to the one person missing from our group... the one who brought us all together. If you have a three spare minutes ... sit back, close your eyes, and listen to this wonderful piece by Sade ... The Sweetest Gift. To June...
Quietly while you were asleep
The moon and I were talking
I asked that she'd always keep you protected
She promised you her light
That you so gracefully carry
You bring your light and shine like morning
And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon
Your light fills the darkest room
And I can see the miracle
That keeps us from falling
She promised all the sweetest gifts
That only the heaven's could bestow
You bring your light and shine like morning
And as you so gracefully give
Her light as long as you live
I'll always remember this moment

Beautiful tribute. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWe had a wonderful time and are glad so many friends were here.
ReplyDeleteWe'll do this again!