I happened to be surfing the internet a bit yesterday, and saw that this year's propaganda has been released on the C2 website. Woo whoooooo!!! The time is drawing near for the annual Holiday Challenge ... ergo, the day counter in the upper right hand corner of this page. A little craziness and a whole lot of erging is what it takes to get through it...but it feels sooooo good when it is complete!
Concept 2 has been issuing the challenge for eight years... however, I missed the first year. If all goes well, this will be my seventh year to complete 200,000 meters on the erg between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mind you...this is roughly 120 miles (or 20 hours for old slugs like me) if this were to be completed in traditional craft...
.
. ...as opposed to the time being spent on the blasted contraption in our basement!
The good news? Participation in 'the challenge' alleviates all guilt from the inevitable holiday snacking in the workplace and the soirees of family and friends! I'm certain there will be a few more erg-themed posts betwixt now and the end of the year...hang on for the wild slide!
Hey! I have one of those contraptions! Maybe I'll actually get to 200 K this year! At least I'll have some good company to whine (wine??) with....
ReplyDelete