Sunday, May 23, 2010

it's not about the bike...

It's not about the bike. Well... maybe not completely about the bike. I've been spending a lot of time on a bike this spring. Not my bike, mind you... but a bike that I spent a good many years riding with a friend... only she was riding it... not me.

Now I spend a lot of time thinking about her as I ride. She talked me into doing things that I had no idea that I could do. You know the type... the coaches, the teachers, the social workers, the parents... the friends amongst us... all folks who have an amazing way of bringing the best out of us.

Oddly enough... I am faster on this bike than on my tried-and-true. And oddly enough... I can keep up with my husband (for the most part) when I'm riding this bike. It could be the difference between a steel frame and an aluminum frame... it might be the difference in technology or gearing ... possibly, it is the little push from the great beyond that I receive each time I ride this magnificent machine.

And maybe... just maybe... sometimes - it really is about the bike...

2 comments: