Last evening, we went to dinner with Ed's folks... (shhh... we were CELEBRATING... as Ed is 39 again today!!!!). We came home to a bit of a mess, however. I could tell from Ed's voice that something was really amiss... so I wasn't sure what I'd be seeing when he called to me from upstairs.
It seems that the large mirror above our bathroom vanity decided to leap off of the wall in our absence. What a mess!It took out half of "Vi" (my beloved African Violet) on the way down, and displayed some lovely orginal wallpaper.
Soooo... we've cleaned... and vacuumed (repeatedly)... and will get on the phone tomorrow to call a few glass stores for replacement estimates. I'm sure that poor Snickie had the bejeebies scared out of her... and she's still a bit skittish today.We actually had a dinner party on Friday evening... just 24 hours before this bathroom catastrophy. I imagine that the eight of us would have experienced quite a jolt had happened a day earlier!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
never a dull moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

As I was reading this post, I was thinking that you probably found Snickie clinging to the ceiling - yikes!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Snick wasn't hanging out in the bathroom when the mirror fell!
ReplyDeleteI think Ms Snickerdoodle may have played a part in mysterious "accident".
ReplyDeleteDetails later....