may I have another? ... NOT!!!
To the list of things for which I am thankful, I feel compelled to add… that I live in the age of modern dentistry! Monday started with a BANG… and a root canal. Thankfully, I have a wonderful dentist… and his staff accommodated my need to spend some *quality time* with him today.
Root canal technology has changed a lot over the years. Today’s was my second – my first was about ten years ago – and it wasn’t as bad as you might expect. I mean… it’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
We had *planned* some dental work in January (a crown to the same tooth on which he did the root canal today)… and we’ll still move forward with that… but today’s work sort of snuck up on us!
The YouTube piece is great… and is exactly what I experienced today. It’s about ten minutes in length, so is certainly not *required viewing* (hah!)… but if you’re curious, check it out…
Monday, December 1, 2008
thank you, sir...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yikes. Glad it went well, all things considered. I've never had a root canal. Who is your dentist? By any chance, Ed Kendrick? June got me going to him a couple of years ago. He did a crown for me and I've had zero problems with it.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about dentistry improving over time. I had two gum surgeries in college and one a couple of years ago. Much improved techniques!
ReplyDeleteAnd I opted for the laughing gas this time.
But did you see stars in your soup when it was finished, Kathy?
ReplyDeleteYep, Cindy... EK... on June's recommendation about ten years ago. He has done a LOT of dental work for me over the years... to include several crowns and the previous root canal. I like to think that it is because of me that his family has food on their table. :-)
I might look lovingly at your chocolate coverd pretzels but never at a root canal. The last time I went to the dentist he looked at the X-rays and said that I must have been one of the first people that he used the "lost drill" technique on. Seems that at the bottom of the tooth he left a piece of the drill stuck in the root. I have so many crowns that I should be elected king. (I also have more chins than a SanFrancisco phone book but I refuse to be elected chineese) MUD
ReplyDeleteOhhh I hate the dentist.
ReplyDeleteI've had a root canal and have no desire to watch one!
Glad you came through okay.
Probably should not watch the video since I have a dentist appt next Tuesday that would definatly scare me off!
ReplyDelete