Saturday, November 14, 2009

thing #78

re thing #78: see the musical Wicked or The Lion King ...
.
Wow! What a great day all around! It started out with a 15-mile (very chilly) bike ride on the Mill Creek Trail. We ended up turning around early because there were scads of runners using the south end of the trail for one leg of a half marathon.
.
Then... off to a matinee performance of Wicked with some great friends. This has been on my list for a very loooooong time. What a great show!
.
The day was capped off with dinner at the kitchen table at Buca di Beppo on the Plaza. An amazing day it was ... from beginning to end.
.
Next stop? The Lion King...

4 comments:

  1. And for extra credit... does anyone know where the name *Elphaba* comes from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted a comment, but it apparently didn't take. Try again.

    1) Definitely see Lion King. The costumes are incredible!

    2) I could have looked up the answer to your question, but that would have been cheating, so patiently awaiting the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think ORIGINAL Wizard of Oz... who wrote it, Cindy? L. Frank Baum. The name Elphaba is derived from the phonetic pronunciation of his name. Pretty cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh! I knew that! Should have visited earlier. ;)

    ReplyDelete