Friday, June 19, 2009

corpus christi

Next stop... Corpus Christi. From San Antonio, we headed to south about two hours to Corpus Christi. We enjoyed a lovely walk on the beach and a lunch of crabcake sandwiches right at the water's edge. Have I ever mentioned how much I absolutely love a good crabcake? Yum!!! Yum!!! Yum!!!
.
In the bay floats the USS Lexington Museum. We did not have time to go through it, but would definitely like to spend a day on it next time we are in Corpus.
.
Ed's cousin Lety and her family were marvelous hosts! Below, they stand in front of their new home which they move into less than a month ago. It is in a cozy little neighborhood just a block away from the school which the children attend.
.
The photo below is very much in character of the kids. It doesn't make it difficult at all to guess that they are siblings!
.
After a big morning breakfast, they led us back to the freeway. I wasn't quite sure what I would get when I snapped this shot as we were both moving at freeway speed. The photo turned out well, though, as Carlow bids us farewell...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment